Friday, January 20, 2012

METAL !

Strong, Beautiful, Piece of Art. I was very excited to begin this project. When Mrs. Kiick told my class when were going to begin working on our metals project I was so excited to start. I actually wanted to stop making my collage and just wanted to start on my metals work. I will tell you one thing, IT IS SO STRESSFUL! The saws we are working with are very, very fragile and they break even if you’re not putting pressure of forcing it to go somewhere it doesn’t want to go. This week I have broken at least 5 blades, I hate it because I was only sawing a straight line. Anyways, we were told to make at least 3 prototypes of designs we created. Mrs. Kiick wanted us to create more   than one so that we had a variety to choose from. This was a challenge for me. I made two different designs, I chose one that consisted of 2 squares, 1 circle and 2 french curves; Mrs. Kiick told me that she wanted me to create something different because she wanted me to have more fun and experience  with working with metals. I returned to my table and started over COMPLETELY! In the end I ended up with a completely different design, nowhere even close to my two other designs. I am happy with my project so far and I will be back to update you on how it is going.

No comments:

Post a Comment