Friday, January 13, 2012

Grant Wood


Grant Wood : I enjoy Grant Wood because the colors and depth he uses in his paintings. I also like how he sticks to one subject, farms. I like how there is depth in his work that it makes them seem so much more realistic than they already look. Wood was born in Anamosa, Iowa. Many people know him for helping create one of the important All-American styles of art. He was born on a farm which might help explain why many pieces of his art work are of farmlands. Grant is also known for painting one of the most famous pieces of art, The American Gothic.




I likes this painting the most out of all of Wood paintings. I enjoyed this one the most because he used so much depth in it. I feel like I could step into the painting and walk on forever. I also liked how he used the different shades of oranges and greens. I think they accent each other nicely.

1 comment: