Friday, March 30, 2012

brings back memories of play-doh

clay... i am loving this marking periods project. ive always wanted to make a bowl myself, it always interested me. then i sign up for art and i get that chance ive been wanting. in this project we are told that we have to make a lunch table setting, based on the 39 table setting for women over the years that have made an impact in the world. at first we have to start with a chunk of soft clay, then get a plaster boar, mold, sticks, rolling pin and clay knife. rolling out the clay takes strength, i broke a sweat rolling out the clay, even think i got muscles. 
for this project we have to make the setting inspired by someone we would want to sit and have a lunch with. my inspiration in my mom, dad, and two sisters. we have to make a bowl, plate and cup (all functional). my cup is based on my mom, bowl is my dad, and my plate represents my two sister. i couldnt think of anyone else i would want spend my lunch with than my family. we use patterns, sponging, funky shaping, and attachments to make them one of a kind. once we are done making the ceramics, Ms. Kiick fires them to make them completely dry an ready to be glazed. i enjoy the glazing, when you put the colors on, it doesnt look that great, once they are fired all the color comes out and it all looks truly amazing. i cant wait to see my finished produces. 


No comments:

Post a Comment