Friday, January 20, 2012

Looking In The Mirror.


When I first started this project I will admit it, I was scared. Ive never taking an art class without it being a requirement, so when I signed up for this class I knew it was going to be a new experience. When I was assigned the self-portrait project I was excited and nervous at the same time. We had to choose a photo of ourselves, then we got very large poster like papers and had to blow our photos up. When I saw the size of the paper I felt like running. It was a struggle to get the features of my face in the right area of the poster. Once we were done blowing up our photo onto the poster we had to trace our pencil with permanent marker, I was afraid I was going to mess up everything with every line I traced. Before we could start painting we had to do practice sheets on 8.5 x 11 paper. Once we felt comfortable with the paint and detailed we had to highlight we were able to start our real poster. This is when the fun began. We got to create our own custom paint using all different combinations of colors. When we were done painting we inked our portraits with black ink, can you say scary? After inking we’d wash off the ink and some of the paint. Then once the paper was dry we used colored pencils to bring the portraits to life. In the end I was actually pretty happy and proud of myself that I accomplished a project that I was terrified to do from the beginning.    

No comments:

Post a Comment